Noise Pollution is one type of the volume which makes diseases into the environment and it very harmful for the people who are breathing and living on this earth. Noise Pollution involves the Vehicle horns, Industrial volume, and loudspeaker music. Noise Pollution is very discomfort and injurious for the physical and mental health and irritating and annoying to the living beings.
“Keep the noise down otherwise noise will keep your hearing down.”
Causes of Noise Pollution
- In India have most of the festivals which all they are celebrating in a different style but in some of the festivals like Diwali, It is a great festival, but people are using firecrackers for exploding and making a noise and also the air polluting.
- As we all know in the Hinduism marriage, the people are making a sound by playing on the loudspeaker music, but they are careless for the noise pollution how mush its spreading in the environment.
- In the traffic of India, so many people are making noise, and it is severest in the cities. There is a different mode of transportation for example Buses, Trains, Airplanes, and trams, etc. which is making noise cause it is very painful for us and disturbs to the mind but they do not understand how to solve that problem if one makes noise than people will follow it like a chain.
- In the industrial area have a significant number of factories in the major cities if we go then we get the noise pollution along with that air pollution and polluting to the environment and also disturbing the nearby residential area.
- There have the most of the social events and the festive occasions, but people are using the loudspeaker very loudly and making noise and disturbing to other people.
- There are the uses of mobile phones during the social and political events which are unrestricted.
- In the home people also generating noise by the using large number of appliances like Mixer grinder juicer.
- Television also causes of the noise pollution because it may effect to the physically like it can harm to our Eye and ear by the watching for the long hour.
- When any construction site is working in progress than his activity can damage to us by using of such sound producing equipment, Cranes, Cement mixer and road roller, etc.
Effects of Noise Pollution
- Over a period we are the effect of the noise pollution, and it can easily result in damaged to our ear drums and loss of hearing. Which may impair the hearing for always and it also reduces our sensitivity to sounds so that our ears pick up unconsciously to regulate our body’s rhythm.
- There are many types of diseases and stress related to a heart which can harm it because of the Blood pressure levels, cardiovascular diseases, and high noises can cause to the high blood pressure and increases heart beat rate as it cause the normal blood flow.
- Loud Noise can effect on the people sleeping pattern it generating the irritation and uncomfortable situations, so that is the reason for individuals who are not getting a good night sleep and not getting a proper rest and it can lose the performance of individuals at the office and the home.
- Noise pollution is causing on the health of the people, and nowadays the people are suffering from stress and anxiety and also psychological health. It shows its effects like disturbance of sleep, Constant stress, fatigue and hypertension can link to excessive noise levels.
- Trouble communicating generated when two people are talking freely and noise are disturbing to them so people will not understand the other person communication then it can become a headache for the people.
- Marine scientists are concerned about excessive noise used by oil drills, submarines and other vessels on and inside the ocean. Many marine animals, especially whales, use hearing to find food, communicate, defend and survive in the sea. Excessive noises are causing a lot of injuries and deaths to whales. For example, the effect of a Navy submarine’s sonar can felt 300 miles away from the source.
- Wildlife faces far more problems than humans because noise pollution since they are more dependent on sound. Animals develop a better sense of hearing than us since their survival depends on it. The ill effects of excessive noise begin at home. Pets react more aggressively in households where there is the constant noise.
- As is controlling the sound levels in clubs, bars, parties, and discos. Better urban planning can help in creating ‘No-Noise’ zones, where honk and industrial noise are not tolerated. It is only when our understanding noise pollution is complete, can we take steps to eradicate it completely.
Solutions of Noise Pollution
- Public awareness is essential for prevent and control the noise pollution. Not only the government but we should also be aware of the harmful consequences of noise pollution.
- Which cause to the certain deafness people should aware of that excessive noise
- Such transport terminals, Industries, Airport, and railway terminals sight should be far from living spaces.
- Avoid the maximum uses of sound processing instruments and make proper regulations for the utilize of a loudspeaker and other devices.
- Construction of some soundproof machines in industrial and manufacturing installation must be encouraged. Also necessary for residential building.
- Anti-pollution laws should make strict rules and regulation which enacted and forced.
- Ban all type of fire crackers which is very harmful for pollution and replace with the bulb horns.
- In the law of community must have a real and silence zone like Schools, Colleges, and Hospitals.
- Make in the residential area the plantation (Trees) it absorbs the sound and reduces the pollution and also healthier for breathing of body.
We can reduce Noise pollution by using all solutions and make a healthy and happier India. If we all reduce the pollution and make the plantation everywhere, then people breathe healthy on this planet.
Noise Pollution have present some exclusive video
Industry growth, an increasing number of vehicles and constant information overload causes a significant and underestimated problem: noise pollution. The term noise pollution is used to define unwanted sounds that are released into the environment. Various research studies have proven that noise pollution imposes a number of negative impacts on mental and physical health. To understand the reasons behind these health conditions, people should consider the effects that are usually caused by noise pollution.
In a modern megalopolis, noise pollution arises from many sources, such as traffic, barking dogs, noisy neighbors, aircraft, verbal advertising in streets, and many other environmental factors merging into one sound wall. A person may get used to perceiving these sounds and ignore them, but on a subconscious level, such constant noise exposure has a significant effect. Noise pollution is measured in decibels, and its intensity and duration determines the impact on an individual’s health.
One of the most obvious negative consequences of prolonged exposure to noise is hearing loss. Studies show that people who have been regularly exposed to intense noise, due to the nature of their work, have decreased hearing sensibility compared to those who have worked in more quiet conditions. The most disturbing source of noise pollution stems from traffic (Healthy Hearing). Elevated sound levels cause changes in the structure of the inner ear, which results in irreversible hearing loss.
Another negative effect caused by noise pollution is heightened irritability and sensitivity. Different sounds can have different impacts on a person; thus, one can get annoyed with the sound of water dripping from a faucet or car horns blowing, but relax to the sounds of falling rain. Natural sounds are much less irritating than artificial sounds, such as traffic noise. However, natural sounds also create a sound wall effect as in the case of a waterfall or the wind blowing. In contrast, living near the motorway can lead to frustration and can seriously upset human nerves.
Speech and sleep interference is another issue that arises from noise pollution. It can be difficult to talk while standing on a busy street, and in this case, people often have to shout to be heard. Therefore, hearing and interpreting each other becomes an issue. The noise of a big city is one of the most popular reasons for sleep disorders. High levels of noise often wake people in the middle of the night and hinder them while trying to fall asleep again, thus breaking bio-rhythms and causing weakness and drowsiness during the next day.
Decreased work performance should also be mentioned in the list of negative impacts caused by noise pollution. High levels of noise can cause inaccuracy and inattentiveness, which can result in decreased productivity and additional stress. This is a crucial point for people whose workplaces are potentially dangerous, such as construction sites or factories. A misheard order or instruction, or the lack of concentration in such workplaces can lead to severe consequences.
It can be observed that noise pollution is a serious, though underestimated problem for the human population. It causes a number of negative effects both on health and the effectiveness of performing actions. Among the most obvious and significant negative effects are hearing loss, increased irritability, speech and sleep disturbances, and decreased work performance. Even if a person becomes accustomed to constant noise and thinks that it does not affect them, changes still occur. Every individual, including scientific and healthcare organizations, should seek ways to minimize the aforementioned impacts and reduce their exposure to noise pollution.
1. “Reasons for Hearing Loss: Noise Pollution Levels.” Healthy Hearing. N.p., 5 July 2010. Web. 14 Dec. 2012. <http://www.healthyhearing.com/content/articles/Hearing-loss/Causes/47496-Noise-pollution-hearing-loss>.
2. “Noise Effects Handbook.” NPC Library. National Association of Noise Control Officials, n.d. Web. 22 Dec. 2012. <http://www.nonoise.org/library/handbook/handbook.htm>.
Sign up and we’ll send you ebook of 1254 samples like this for free!
- 80+ essay types
- 1000+ essay samples
- Pro writing tips